Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Advent

I have been trying for several months to get back to writing and updating my blog.  For some reason, it just didn't happen.  I have started keeping a journal of ideas and verses when they pop in my head.  However, I have still not updated anything since August.  Not for lack of trying or will.  But as I've come to believe and understand, all things happen in due time, in their proper place and for a reason.

Over the last few months, I've made some life changing decisions...planning a major move, going to grad school, starting my own private practice.  All of these things are in process.  During this time, I've also "met" many fellow music therapists through Twitter, Facebook, email and blogs who have inspired me and have enabled me to feel as though I'm part of a community of people who "get it."  Several of these amazing people write blogs...which has led me to realize I really, really want and need to get back to blogging.

See, whether anyone reads my musings or not, writing is therapeutic for me.  I love to write but seldom make time to do so.  I've made the decision that I want to get back to updating this blog at least weekly and that I also want to start a couple new blogs (yes, I do push myself to the limits and sometimes think I'm Superwoman) - one on music therapy, my process of starting a business and eventually blogging about my experiences and services; one on being single and in my 30's and independent and focused and content while fending off questions as to why I'm not married (haven't been asked by the right guy) or why I don't have kids (because I'm not married, can't afford to do it on my own and am now approaching 40 and because by not having my own, I can reach out to so many more) or if I really can be content being "alone" (it's a daily struggle and it takes work, but yes, you can).  But I digress...  Those new blogs will hopefully get underway in the new year.

Now back to THIS blog.  I've used Expectant Hope as a way to share my views, thoughts, opinions, convictions on life and to share things I believe God is showing me.  It's a constant growing process, one I will never finish this side of Heaven.  It's called Expectant Hope because that is how I choose to live my life...expectantly hopeful of all God has in store and trusting that He WILL one day give me the desires of my heart.  Though I'm learning, those desires are not always fulfilled in the way I thought they would be.  Ok...so enough rambling.

The point of this post is to let you know that I intend to do a 25 day Advent blog to celebrate Christmas and the birth of Christ.  Christmas is a special time of year.  One that became dark for me after the loss of my mother.  Now that this is the third Christmas without her, I'm finally beginning to find some of that joy again.  And that only comes because I know she's celebrating in Heaven and I'll be there to celebrate along with her one day.  So as part of the celebration of life and love and salvation and joy, I wanted to share some thoughts on this season and the key people who had a part in Jesus' humble beginning on this earth.  I cannot promise each blog will be up at the same time every day or that I might not have to combine two in one from time to time.  But this is a challenge to myself as well as to you, the reader.  A challenge to dig a little deeper this year, to see the true meaning of Christmas and to share it with, not only family and friends, but with those less fortunate and hurting.

Over the next 25 days, I plan on talking about the birth of Jesus from the viewpoint of a different person each day.  From major "characters" like Mary and Joseph to lesser thought of "characters" such as Simeon and Jesus' siblings.  I may even throw in a lesson from the standpoint of the animals who witnessed the birth.  I don't claim to know everything or have all the answers.  I am just a simple girl with a love for Christ and a desire to share what He has laid on my heart.

I hope you will take the time to read each day's entry.  And I hope it will bring you closer to the One Christmas is all about!

Merry Christmas!

No comments: